Expecting your first child? Second or third? Never had a massage? Wanting to feel better? Or just want to relax as you go through your pregnancy?
Getting a massage while expecting has many benefits. Here are a few:
- Your back tension, hips and neck tension will feel better.
- Reduced joint pain, that pain around your knees and calves will get better.
- Improved circulation.
- Reduced edema.
- Laying down on your belly because I offer custom pillows that support you and your baby during your massage. Reduced muscle tension and headaches.
- Reduced mental chatter and anxiety.
- Improved oxygenation of soft tissues and muscles.
- Better sleep!
Massage therapy is safe for you and your baby. I have helped a few women when they were past there due date, over due and wanted the baby out I gave an induced massage treatment. It is a massage with added acupressure points with the intent to induce labor. Both women had their babies hours later! And were happy to know what the points on the body were to help them and there baby.
So, don’t be scared of massage during pregnancy. It is good for you and your baby on a mental, physical and spiritual level.
I currently offer pregnancy massage at the Blooming Tree Wellness Center. Conveniently located residents of Austin, Fort Hood, Belton, Killeen, Temple, Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, and Waco areas. Click here for information available on their website for more information or call 512.585.4389 to schedule an appointment.